As one year comes to a close and another one is about to begin, it is only natural that we take a moment to take stock of where we’ve been, where we are, and where we want to go in the coming year. Most of us do this in our personal lives, and it is a good business exercise as well.
This time last year, LocumsMart identified a number of areas in which we thought we could drive additional value for our customers, via both functionality upgrades and additional services. We are very proud of all we’ve accomplished, and we are eagerly looking forward to all the additional ways we can create value for our Members in 2019, building upon the accomplishments of 2018. Before talking about our plans for 2019, let’s look back at all the new functionality and services LocumsMart introduced based on Member feedback/requests in 2018.
The LocumsMart Agile Development Team really stepped it up this year! We completed 32 releases through the end of November— roughly a 100% increase in development output over 2017’s 17 total releases, and we anticipate a couple more releases before we close the books on 2018. Some major improvements we’ve developed this year as a direct result of customer requests and feedback:
- Activity Stream (3.4, released 1/10/18)
- Corporate Authorization, Custom Recruitment Questions, Custom Document Types (3.5, released 1/31/18)
- Consolidated Billing, LocumsMart Invoice Approval (3.6, released 3/17/18)
- True Locums Determination Workflow Questions (3.10, released 6/6/18)
- Provider Mobile Time Clock Enhancements (3.12, released 7/18/18)
- Business Intelligence and Analytics (4.0, released 9/13/18)
- Bid Scoring (4.3, released 11/2/18)
Please login to LocumsMart and go to Help (top right corner) to review the Release Notes, or view the Video Library associated with the above functionality.
Customer Service Upgrades
The LocumsMart Sales and Support Team also had a transformative year. We know that the value our Members receive from LocumsMart is directly related to how much of the software’s feature set they utilize. Therefore, our focus in 2018 was not just on delivering great software but on being proactive in helping our Members use it to maximum efficiency. We do this via a combination of training and optional add-on services. Training helps Members do things for themselves using the software, whereas add-on services allow LocumsMart Staff to do things on behalf of the customer using the software. Some of our major accomplishments in these areas include:
- White Glove Service. We find that we learn so much more when we visit our Members in their place of business, than we do when communicating via phone, email, or chat, that we decided we needed to find a way to do it more often. As a result, LocumsMart hired Julie Brooks in February 2018 as our first Director of Implementation and Training. Julie’s sole focus is on visiting customers, and working with them one-on-one to make sure they are getting maximum benefit from LocumsMart. Julie provides “white glove service” to LocumsMart Members, and if she has been to visit you- you know exactly what that means. So far this year, Julie has flown over 125,000 miles and visited:
○ 26 States
○ 9 HCOs
○ 75 Facilities
We consider unlimited, on-demand training to be a core part of our service, and we don’t charge separate fees for virtual or on-site training. If you want to find out what LocumsMart’s White Glove Service is all about, please email email@example.com to set up a site visit.
- Time and Invoice Compliance / Invoice QA. LocumsMart began offering manual Invoice QA as an add-on service in August. For any HCOs that choose to utilize this service, LocumsMart’s Controller Eric Landstrom leads our internal Compliance Team through a 16-point manual review of each Vendor Invoice to make sure it agrees with the Timesheet and Confirmation Agreement before it is submitted to the Facility for approval. Non-compliant invoices are rejected by LocumsMart Compliance until they are correct. The average invoice is submitted 1.13 times before it is approved by LocumsMart Compliance, and Facilities using this feature have already saved over $500K (difference between initially submitted amount, and final approved amount of invoices). LocumsMart doesn’t charge for this feature. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to turn it on for your Facility.
- Consolidated Billing and ACH Payments. Facilities can now consolidate all Vendors’ Invoices into a single Consolidated Invoice for payment via electronic check (ACH) on LocumsMart. This feature saves Accounts Payable and Supply Chain Departments at HCOs a ton of time, by eliminating the need to reconcile payments to many different Vendors. LocumsMart’s ACH payment processing also saves labor, and helps Vendors to get paid faster — and there is no charge to either Vendors or HCOs for utilizing either of these features. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to turn it on for your Facility.
Pricing Changes for 2019
LocumsMart has always taken great pride in providing the greatest possible value to our Members. As we look ahead to 2019, that goal remains the same, but in order for us to accomplish it, we are going to have to make some changes. LocumsMart has greatly added to both our functionality and our service, and we’ve done it all without raising our Booking Fees in over five years. LocumsMart has always put the primary focus on creating value for our Members, but as we do so, and as our Members continue to request ever more functionality and services, it has become necessary for us to rethink how we charge, so we can continue to deliver best-in-class software and services.
Please note that the following changes to the LocumsMart Fee Policy will take effect on Monday, January 7th, 2019:
- All Vendor Members will now pay:
- $1000/month Member Fee (applied as a credit toward future Booking Fees)
- 3.5% Booking Fee
- Vendors who choose to utilize LocumsMart’s MSP Functionality to manage a pool of Associate Vendors (AVs) will pay an additional:
- $1000/month MSP Fee (also applied as a credit toward future Booking Fees)
- 3.5% Booking Fee on all AV invoices
- 3.5% Booking Fee on their own invoices in excess of the HCO’s baseline spend, which shall be equal to the TTM revenue received by Vendor from HCO
These changes will better align LocumsMart’s interests with those of our Members, allow us to offer more capital intensive add-on services (as we are currently being requested to do), and develop requested new functionality more quickly.
Should you have any questions about LocumsMart’s new Fee Policy for 2019, please reach out to Karl Lau, Director of Operations and Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.