Does the idea of building a technical support team in a rapid environment excite you? Do you embrace a customer first and “no chat left behind” attitude? Would you excel at identifying and presenting opportunities to improve customer experience?
LocumsMart is looking for an individual who will manage a team of technical support personnel while contributing to day-to-day support tasks. In addition, this role will work with Product leadership to identify and create an ideal customer experience. A key function in this role will be to carefully determine when technical issues should be escalated to the internal development team for resolution. Troubleshooting, steps to reproduce, and occasional database (SQL) querying will be required.
The Manager of Customer Experience will report directly to Product Management.
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through communication, problem understanding, and timely resolutions
- Define and manage Service Level Agreements on service request responses that require escalation for resolution (Prioritize, schedule, and create service requests accordingly)
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with Product and business partners to drive product and process improvement
- Identify recurring technical issues and propose solutions based on root cause analysis
- Mentor and coach the Tech Support Team’s productivity, encouraging and enhancing critical thinking and problem solving
- Monitor chat satisfaction surveys and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement
- Develop external and internal training material and lead training sessions
- Develop LocumsMart certification program and continuing education program
- Occasional travel to distributed LocumsMart offices, particularly Raleigh, NC
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a background managing a technical support team for a software as a service platform. A passion for understanding customer experience and the ability to make meaningful suggestions to the Product team. The candidate must be skilled at coaching resources on how to troubleshoot and provide support through customer chats, phone calls, and emails. Additionally the candidate will handle escalations, using excellent relationship building skills to interact with customers requiring additional assistance.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-support role for web based applications or SAAS applications
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and a curiosity to learn more about the customer experience
- A proven leader and mentor
- Highly empathetic and customer centric
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Positive attitude and proactive work ethic
- Experience configuring and managing online chat tools
- Knowledge of SQL querying or desire to learn
- 7+ years of experience in a customer support role, supporting SAAS application
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in Jira Service Desk or similar ticketing tool
- Experience creating training materials; technical writing and how-to video creation
- Experience working with an agile development team
LocumsMart, founded in 2008, is a leading provider of web-based vendor management solutions for the locum tenens recruitment industry, and our clients include some of the largest hospital systems in the country. The account management team is located in Dallas, so ideally we are recruiting for that office, with some travel to our offices in Raleigh, NC, and other offices as needed. Additional office locations include Manhattan, Nashville, and Atlanta. LocumsMart’s employee benefits package includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Customer Experience Manager.”