Our first annual Education Conference in Nashville was a blast!
The LocumsMart team is dispersed across the country, so some of our own staff had never even met before. The conference was a great opportunity for all of us to get to know one another a little more personally. Starting Monday evening, we all arrived in Nashville to get everything ready for the conference, with lots of icebreakers and team-building in the process.
As the lead conference organizer Michael Kendrick noted, “I have a newfound respect for all the organizers of the regional and national conferences we attend.” He put so much work into getting everything ready, but it really showed. Every part of the conference was a success.
We kicked off the conference Wednesday evening in the Renaissance Hotel’s reception room. It gave everybody a chance to speak and get to know each other a little before spending so much time working together in the next couple days (plus a taste of some fine Nashville cuisine, including some standout hot chicken). A lot of people who have been exchanging emails and phone calls for a while were finally able to meet face to face, and the casual setting allowed all of us to connect a little more deeply. After that, about a dozen of us broke off and kept the party going with a dinner nearby.
Thursday, our terrific speakers led us through a very informative program:
- Phil Levitksy and Nikki Vargas from our Account Management & Support team went through training sessions for our HCO and Vendor users.
- Danielle Aschenbener and Amanda Haugh from Franciscan Health covered phone interviews and recruiting timelines.
- Patty Clark from Hilton Head Hospital discussed the importance of credentialing and privileging.
- Julie Brooks, our Director of Onboarding and Training, went over transition management, a LocumsMart add-on service option.
- Our Key Account Manager Colin Winn and Julia Overman of Lutheran Health Network talked about block booking and specific scheduling.
- Our Controller Eric Landstrom and Colin Winn talked about Invoice QA Process and Compliance, another LocumsMart add-on service option.
- Karl Lau, our Director of Operations and Finance, provided insight on consolidated billing, another LocumsMart add-on service option.
The workday concluded with an open-ended “office hours” working session, during which attendees could pick the brains of our staff members on various topics.
Then, Thursday night, we put on our cowboy boots for a honky tonk night at the Tin Roof on Broadway. After a lively evening of eating, drinking and dancing there, many of us continued on to nearby Tootsie’s for more great music. It was a memorable night for everyone who attended!
The conference continued Friday morning with some additional speakers and topics:
- Co-founder and Director of Client Services Bob Shumard talked about LocumsMart’s billing and enrollment add-on service options.
- Sharee Saleh of the University of Maryland shared her wisdom on provider retention.
- Our Chief Architect Matt Patterson provided an overview of LocumsMart’s agile team and development process.
- CEO Aaron Paul and Software Architect Eric Pelkey discussed LocumsMart’s new reporting engine.
Finally, I covered LocumsMart’s future pipeline, which includes lots of features we’re really excited about, from CRM and scheduling functions to an artificial intelligence-based Bid screeners, and lots of other enhancements that are on their way. Friday also included a roundtable discussion.
Many thanks to the 43 people who attended our first conference. We’re already looking forward to next year!